I have only experienced fall weather once in my life (during a visit here in 2010). So everything fall feels novel to me:
The cool, crisp air
The splendid reds, oranges and yellows that dot the landscape
The drastic shortening of daylight
The ubiquitous presence of pumpkins everywhere, along with anything pumpkin flavoured food one can imagine
The proliferation of trick or treat candies in stores, begging to be bought and menacingly teasing me to cheat on my diet
It's such a beautiful season. I am FALLing in love with FALL.
| The leaves in Albany are starting to change color!!! |
This weekend Ben and I will take a trip to Marlboro, NY (to check out an apple harvest festival), and Amherst, MA (to have fun in a corn maze and do some touristy leaf peeping).
Come November, there's halloween (a good excuse to binge on candy) and my first ever thanksgiving and Blaaaack Fridaaay!!! Yay! I have something to look forward to. Isn't it nice?
But I know that pretty soon, all the trees will be bare. The vivid autumn colours will give way to somber grey. The nights will be ominously longer and temperatures will be bitterly cold. Winter is coming. And we know "that the night is long and full of terrors" tremors (from the cold, that is).
Hi Ditas! How are you and Ben? :-) Enjoyed reading your article. Glad you like the Fall season. It is also one of my fave seasons. Fall must be nice in NY. Fall 2013 was also when I was diagnosed with cancer.
ReplyDeleteHope you and Ben will enjoy your trip to Marlboro and Amherst -sounds fun! :-)
Btw, were you able to get the messages I left for you at chat wee? Not sure how it works though. Hopefully, you got them.
You guys have a great Columbus Day weekend!
- dmp :-)
Thanks dimps! Will keep you in my prayers. Stay strong!
ReplyDeleteHi Ditas! Thank you much sa prayers. I know how strong the power of prayer is. How was your long weekend trip? I'm sure you had a great time :o)
DeleteHey is your email still the same? Would like to have a chance to talk and catch up if it's ok with you. As I mentioned, one of the things on my bucket list is to be able to reconnect with you and Marcy. I was so happy when I saw your blog and heard back from you :o) Maybe you can leave it sa chatwee so I can email you.
Mama usually asks me how you and Marcy are doing. My mom, Brian and I have a gift for you and Ben for your wedding.
Hugs to you, my friend! Hello to Ben! God bless :o)
I left you several messages on chat wee. Wonder why you never got them. Anyways, here's my email add:
Deletevicarious.shopper@gmail.com
That is so weird! I left you several messages at chat wee too but not sure if you ever got them. Sent you an email - were you able to receive it? :o) What are you and Ben doing this weekend? Heard about the ebola scare in NY. Both of you take extra care :o) My mom and I just got back from a visit to the neurologist. My mom sends her regards to both of you ;o)
Delete